Farm table re-do

I have been using a pine dining room table that my mom gave me for a long time. It was pine...stained in a kind of blonde orange color and it was ugly! But it had amazing bones and two little drawers on either end...and orginally it came with a huge leaf but we lost that in our last move (sniff sniff). I painted it white a LONG time ago but I did a really bad job of it. That was before I had done many furniture projects and I truthfully should've used spray paint so I could get an even application but alas..I used whatever creamy paint I had in my garage at the time. Well i've been living with the cruddy looking paint job for a while now. It looked "ok" but not great. I wanted to beat the crap out of it...distress it like crazy...and then poly coat it so it was more resiliant and shiny! Well today I made the hubby lug it out to the garage and I went to work. I used a hammer and a screw driver to gouge it and then I heavily distressed it. I made wear marks and just made it look older and more vintage. I love how it turned out!! I didn't take a before pic because i'm that forgetfull...but here is the after

 Oh and I graced you guys with a close up of my gorgeous Goodwill Candle holders. I love the mismatched glass....

2 comments:

  1. I love the idea of a collection of mismatched same color candlesticks!!! I am so going to Goodwill this weekend to copy you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Go for it Sarah! They were all about 1.00 each and super heavy and durable. Love them all grouped together!

    ReplyDelete