Revamped breezy dining chairs

Hellooo again! What do you do when you find 3 yards of brand new blue ticking stripe fabric at the Salvation Army for 2 bucks??? You re-upholster your dining chairs with them OF COURSE! I have been wanting to reupholster my dining room chairs for a long time now. They were my grandfathers and are as retro as they get but have a lot of memories and are SUPER comfy so I'm keeping em! I painted them white and covered the burnt orange original upholstery a few years ago but was totally over the chocolate brown and wanted something lighter and more "me". This ticking fabric was Perrrfect! So during Liam's nap time today I wrapped and pulled and stapled away and I LOVE how they turned out. I also shamelessly copied the fabulous ideas of some other blogs that I adore and painted a french inspired number on the back of each one to give it a more cottage vibe. For the number I mixed black acrylic paint with a drop of bright blue to get a sorta blue gray color...it actually looks like a super dark storm cloud and I love the color! Here's the before.... It wasn't bad but I was ready for a change....

After....Fresh and fun and way more me....now for A LOT of distressing and some glaze...



I know I switched the numbers up on you...the second set of pics is from a different chair...I like to be sneaky! :)

Linking this post up to Trash to Treasure Tuesdays here
Linking up with DIY day at Kimba's here

3 comments:

  1. So cute! Looks much better, and I love, love, love! the # on the back! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH! I DO I DO I DO love ticking!!
    I just made some red/white ticking curtains for my office!
    I love the blue, too!
    I also adore the vignette on the chair!
    You are too cute!
    <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're amazing! And totally inspiring me. Can't wait to see what you come up with next! ;)

    ReplyDelete