Still pregnant...

I am tired...sick and tired of being huge and clumsy and pregnant! I am tired of all the "well meaning" people saying tactless things at an attempt at humor, i.e. "sure are getting big Kelsey", "Wow you look REALLY pregnant, is that baby gonna fall out on the sidewalk?", "You must be due ANY second". There are so many of those types of comments and so few of the genuinely sweet, in awe at God's creation comments like I received at Target yesterday...(seriously Lady from Target...if you are reading this you truly made my day). I know I sound like a total whiner and I'm sorry...pregnancy is truly a beautiful time and I know that as soon as I'm not pregnant anymore I will miss it. Even though I complain to my husband about the fact that I lay down to go to sleep and its party time for baby...for an hour...EVERY NIGHT....as soon as she's on the outside I will miss those kicks and nudges in my belly.
I've been going in to the midwife every week for the last two weeks. I am 1cm dilated and 50% effaced as of Wednesday but she said not to expect to give birth any sooner than my due date because she didn't want to "over-promise and under-deliver". I also have been studying the Bradley Method for Natural Childbirth and am planning on going drug free. This is going to be a VBAC (vaginal birth after cesarean) birth and I want to try and avoid drugs at all costs if possible so that my chances at birthing normally are not compromised in any way. I had an emergency C section with Liam and I really don't want another one...so we'll try out the natural thing and see if God gives me the strength that I've been praying for... He hasn't let me down yet so I'm trusting him now! I went and got pedicure's today with Ron's mom and two sisters...it was fun and relaxing...I asked the lady doing my toes to massage the insides of my ankles REALLY hard in hopes that it would send me into labor. (for any of you that don't know this, there is a spot about three finger widths up from your ankle bone on the insides of your ankle that, when massaged, will release oxytocin that can "hopefully" stimulate labor contractions). No worries though if your only a little bit preggo...it won't "send" you into labor but if you're getting close then it could push you over the edge. That was my hope!
So, the bags are packed (as of tonight), the carseat is assembled and put into the car, everyone is on alert to spring to action at the first call, and I'm just waiting. Waiting sucks! Hope everyone has an awesome Father's day tomorrow...Ron said that a baby would make a great Father's Day gift...I think I'd be fine with that! :)

4 comments:

  1. I remember that overdone feeling. Like you are going to explode!

    I wish you all the best for a speedy, safe and glorious delivery. I'm sure you'll do great. Try to capture and remember each and every little moment of your new little one. Before you know it they will be 16 and have an attitude! Can't wait to see pics!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Kesley,
    I was looking for your email on here but I can't find it. I love love to send you some info on the Shaklee products. With your new baby coming soon, this is a great time to make the switch. I also want to let you know my June specials to help you save money and get free shipping. My email is donahuewellness@hotmail.com
    I look foreward to hearing from you! How are you and the babe feeling? I remember being so close to the end. With my boys, I was at least a week late with both of them. Hang in there!
    Bonnie

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am still praying for your healthy delivery!
    Thanks for the update!
    I had a VBAC!
    It was awesome. (I did have an epidural-it was awesome, too ;)
    The Lord will be right there with you when it is time...His time.
    Hugs to you, you sweet, beautiful carrying-a-gift-of-the-Lord pregnant lady!
    ~me

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yep. Wasn't too long ago that I was in that same "over it" stage...especially with the comments from those around me. Hopefully since it's been a few days since this post that means you've gone into labor and met your baby by now. :) If not, hang in there.

    ReplyDelete