Pallet board into rustic chic coat rack

Hey all! I was browsing Ana-white.com earlier today (formerly knockoffwood) and found this amazing idea for a coat rack. Anyone besides me have a garage with a few discarded and lugged home pallets??? Well then you can make this coat rack for practically nothing! (See Honey...I knew those things would come in handy!) During nap time today I pried one of the boards off the pallet with a hammer, sanded it lightly with my palm sander to remove anything that might snag clothing, and attached 4 hooks to it. Now it hangs in all its rustic-ness on my wall to help me organize my entry way! I love love LOVE it! I was aiming for rustic-beaten up and left outside in the rain for a year-chic! I hope you all try this...its crazy easy and you'll love it! You could totally paint it to match your decor but I happen to like it with the raw wood. Pallets have so much character and the wood is always the most perfect distressed wood...you just can't recreate that! I hope you all had an awesome Christmas and New Years. Here's to an amazing 2011!!




Linking to Frugal friday at the Shabby Nest

2 comments:

  1. I love any kind of pallet project. There's just something about free wood. This project is especially cute! Great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How did I miss this post?! I'm all about little hooks and places to hang things! I love this, very cool.

    ReplyDelete